SEVENTH GENERATION ZERO WASTE CHALLENGE OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Twitter. You understand that you are providing your information to Seventh Generation and not to Instagram or Twitter. The information you provide will only be used in the event you are determined a Sweepstakes winner.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Seventh Generation Zero Waste Challenge (the “Sweepstakes”) starts August 20, 2019 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends October 31, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET (“Sweepstakes Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees of Seventh Generation (the “Sponsor”), Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (“Administrator”), their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies (collectively, the “Sponsor and its Administrators”), and its affiliates and each of their respective employees, shareholders, directors, officers, members, assigns and agents and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited by law. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, you may enter on your web enabled mobile device using the Instagram application or on Twitter.com (collectively the “Site”). To enter, save and collect all your waste for one (1) week. Use an old bucket or a bin that you don’t mind getting dirty—preferably something with a lid. Do NOT add anything you would normally reuse, recycle or compost. Just what you would normally throw away. Then, upload a photo or video of yourself with your collected waste and a short reflection with the hashtags #ZeroWasteChallenge and #sweepstakes and tagging @seventhgeneration (if entry was submitted on Instagram) or @seventhgen (if entry was submitted on Twitter) (collectively, the “Submission”) to receive one (1) entry (“Entry”) into the corresponding weekly random drawing and subsequent weekly random drawings (if any), as described below. In your Submission, consider: What did you notice about what’s heading to the landfill? How might you reduce, reuse, and recycle a little more? What’s one change you’re willing to commit to for Zero Waste?
For the purposes of this Sweepstakes, a “week” is defined as beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET each Sunday and ending at 11:59 p.m. ET each Saturday, except for the first week which begins on Tuesday, August 20, 2019 and ends on Saturday, September 7, 2019, and the last week, which begins on Sunday, October 20, 2019 and ends on Thursday, October 31, 2019. You must have a public Instagram or Twitter account (as applicable) to enter. If you do not have an Instagram account, and you would like to create one for free, download the free Instagram app to your mobile device at either the Apple® App Store or the Google® Play store. If you do not have a Twitter account, and you would like to create one for free, visit www.Twitter.com. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the Instagram or Twitter account (as applicable) associated with the Entry. Limit one (1) Entry per person. All Entries must be completed and submitted by 11:59 p.m. ET on October 31, 2019 to be eligible for the final random drawing. The person uploading the Entry will be deemed the entrant (the “Entrant”). In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the Entrant will be deemed the authorized account holder of the Site account submitted at the time of Entry will be deemed to be the Entrant. "Authorized account holder" of a Site account is defined as the person who is responsible for joining the Site and who manages the e-mail address associated with the Site account. The Entry must: 1) be complete to be eligible; 2) be the property of the Entrant. Sponsor has the sole discretion to determine whether a Submission qualifies as an Entry. Any Entry not in compliance with the above and which does not meet the requirements of these Official Rules will be disqualified. Participation is subject to disqualification of all Entries, if multiple accounts are used by the same person. As applicable, normal Internet/phone access and usage/data charges imposed by Entrants’ online/mobile service will apply.
- Entry Requirements: By entering, you agree to waive any rights you may have to the Entry submitted. The Entry, or portion thereof, must not contain obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory or inappropriate content, or be disparaging to Sponsor, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor's image and may not be offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, nor can it defame or invade publicity rights or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person's personal or proprietary rights. Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize the Entry from any source. All Entries must be the sole, original work of the Entrants. Any Entry or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, inappropriate, disparaging, offensive or contains proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity, or is otherwise objectionable, will not be considered and may disqualify the Entrant. Entries should not contain any third-party materials (other than Seventh Generation), or otherwise violate or infringe (or possibly infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, mark that identifies a brand. Sponsor may blur or black out the infringing material, in their sole discretion. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entrants and winners acknowledge and agree that their Entries become the property of the Sponsor, which thereby has the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, promote and otherwise use Entries in any way it sees fit. Instagram is not affiliated with this in any way and is not responsible for the administration of the Sweepstakes or the awarding of the prizes. No endorsement or approval of Sweepstakes by Instagram is expressed or implied. Automated, script, macro or robotic Entries submitted by individuals will be disqualified. Entries may be posted on the Sponsor’s website, social media accounts, and may be posted on other non-affiliated websites, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any Entry not in compliance with the above and which does not meet the requirements of these Official Rules will be disqualified.
- RANDOM DRAWINGS: One (1) Grand Prize winner per week (8 total) will be randomly selected from all Entries received by the end of each week. Drawings will be conducted on or about the Monday following each week. The random drawings will be conducted by Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (the “Administrator”), an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Promotion. The odds of winning a Grand Prize will depend on the number of eligible Entries received by the end of each week.
- GRAND PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”):
Grand Prize (8 total – 1 per week):
- Ultra-concentrated Easy Dose™ Laundry Detergent made with 60% less plastic and 50% less water than our 100oz laundry bottle
- 100% post-consumer recycled (PCR) packaged Dish Soap
- 100% Recycled Toilet Paper and Paper Towels (minimum 50% PCR content)
- Plant-powered Hand Wash with Refill
- All-Purpose Cleaner now made with 100% PCR plastic and a spray head that is 100% recyclable
The ARV of each Grand Prize is $40. Limit one (1) prize per person. Prizes are nontransferable and no substitutions are allowed except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to award a prize of equal or greater value.
- GENERAL: The Site’s computer timestamp is the official timekeeper for purposes of this Sweepstakes. Potential Grand Prize winners will be initially notified by direct message on Instagram/Twitter (as applicable) and must follow the instructions outlined in the direct message within twenty-four (24) hours of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate may be selected. Return of prize/prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply to direct message may result in disqualification and alternate potential Grand Prize winner will be selected, as applicable. Grand Prize winners and all Entrants, as a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its Administrators, Twitter, Instagram, each of their respective agencies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, members, employees, agents, assigns, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Sweepstakes (collectively the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with submitting an Entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes, the receipt, ownership or use of prize awarded or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement or offering of the prizes. Grand Prize winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused by participation in the Sweepstakes or use or redemption of the prize. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use Grand Prize winners’ names, likenesses, Entries and Submissions for promotional purposes (including any possible public relations opportunities) without further compensation except where prohibited by law. By entering, Entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules. Entries will be declared to be made by the authorized account holder of the Instagram account or email address associated with the Entry. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; violates the Official Rules; acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner; or acts with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications, whether caused by the sender, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in the Sweepstakes. Entries generated by script or bot are not eligible. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Sweepstakes if it cannot be completed as planned for any reason, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or corruption of any sort. In such event, Sponsor will award the prizes from eligible Entries received by the end of each week prior to cancellation, as outlined above. As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, Entrant agrees that: 1) under no circumstance will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for out-of-pocket expenses; 2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and 3) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event will Entrant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees or other legal costs.
- WINNERS: For the names of the winners, available after November 15, 2019, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope by December 16, 2019 to: Seventh Generation Zero Waste Challenge - Winners, 100 Marcus Drive, Dept: SD, Melville, NY 11747.
- SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Seventh Generation, 60 Lake Street, Suite 3N, Burlington, VT 05401. The Administrator of this Sweepstakes Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, New York 11747.